I have a love/hate relationship with cupcakes. I love the prettiness, but hate butter icing. I have explored various means to decorate a cupcake with alternative icing, from the likes of chocolate to cream cheese.
In this tutorial I show you a super easy method to decorate a super yummy cupcake… With fluffy marshmallows!
- A chocolate cupcake
- A plate
- Wax paper
- Step 1: Cut 3 marshmallows in half, and place it on the paper, on the plate.
- Step 2: Put the marshmallows in the microwave for 15 seconds. The marshmallows will swell and get gooey.
- Step 3: The marshmallows will get stiff soon, so you’d need to do the following steps fast.
- Mix the marshmallows
- Scoop the marshmallows
- Sweep the marshmallow over the cupcake in a circular motion
- Step 4: Leave to cool. The marshmallow will remain sticky. If you wish, you can torch the marshmallow to make the edges crispy.