So here is my shot, making these pretty bowl from Papier-mâché and some paint
DIY: Etsy Paper Mache Bowl
- Supplies: A balloon, newspaper, Papier-mâché glue (I used modge podge because I love modge modge), black and gold paint.
- Inflate the balloon, and glue one layer of newspaper strips to the balloon. Wait for it to dry completely and add another layer. I used 4 layers.
- When the bowl is completely dry, pop the balloon and cut the edges smooth
- Paint the bowl white first, just to ensure the print does not come through the paint.
- Paint the inside of the bowl gold, and the outside black.
- Once it is dry you can paint a thin layer of clear varnish over.
- Let it dry, and behold, prettiness.